E-commerce is one of the most popular sectors for new startups. Whether you are a dropshipper or a newbie that wants to take advantage of the Amazon FBA market, however, finding the right product to sell can be tricky and often laborious. There are ways you can find the right product on Amazon by using the right process and Amazon product research tools. Now, as a new business, you may be short on financing to buy a wide range of product research tools. But don't worry, there is plenty of free Amazon product research tools.
We here at the Dropship USA work with e-commerce hopefuls who intend on making a living through FBA. So we know all there is to know about product research tools, and we created a list of the best free Amazon product research tools you should know about. However, before we talk about the tools, let's talk about the product research process. So let's begin!
Amazon Product Research Steps
If you think finding the right product to sell from Amazon is hard, then boy, have we got the solution you need. We have created a list of seven easy steps to find the best products with minimum effort. So let's check it out!
- Check the Amazon bestseller list. Look at all the categories that interest you but try to exclude seasonal items to ensure you have consistency throughout the year.
- When choosing a product, it is always better to veer away from the extremes. Make sure you look at products that are not too popular or extremely niche. Popular products have a lot of competition, and if you are looking at exceptionally niche products, then you may have a hard time finding buyers.
- Consider becoming a private label seller with FBA. With this, you can take highly profitable products, put your own spin on them and make a quick profit. While at most times, it's never a good idea to re-invent the wheel. But private labels allow you to put your spin on already great-selling products.
- Find products that are smallish, lightish, and durable. Shipping costs usually eat into your profit margins, and it's the same for heavy products. Smaller and lighter products on Amazon have less shipping costs, while durable ones mean the product remains unharmed when shipped.
- Find simple and inexpensive products. The easier and cheaper it is to make the product, the better your chances of gaining a tidy profit. Remember that costs reflect the difference, so try sourcing products that are inexpensive.
- Always look at a product's seller ranking and sales history when sourcing a product. There are free Amazon product research tools that can help you out in that regard. More on them later. These two metrics will help you find out how a product has performed over the years and how many units are being sold by other sellers.
- The last step of deciding what to sell on is to keep an open mind. It's not uncommon to already have an idea about what you want to sell. If you have a rigid mindset about the products you want to sell, then you might be overlooking potential growth opportunities for your e-commerce brand. So make sure you are as objective about the process as possible. Instead of going with a product you like, try to approach it from various angles and really try and evaluate why it's a good product.
So there you go, those are the seven easy steps you can follow to start your research into finding the best Amazon products to sell. Ensure you follow the steps to ensure you end up with all you need to find success as an e-commerce entrepreneur. Now to find the products, you do need to use tools in tandem with the research process. There are several free Amazon product research tools in the market you can utilize. In the following, we list the best Amazon product research tools you can use to find the products needed for a successful e-commerce operation. So let's check them out!
Best Free Amazon Product Research Tools
Like Luther Vandross and Janet Jackson once said in their song, the best things in life are free. Now, that's especially true for Amazon product research tools. So if you are looking for free Amazon product research tools to take your game to the next level, then check out the following list!
Camel Camel Camel
The first free Amazon product research tool on our list is CamelCamelCamel. We believe that you should be using this FBA tool every day, several times a day. It provides you with all the valuable information for Amazon sellers that you will find useful. Camel Camel Camel tells you about price drops along with a product's sales rank and price history. So make sure you capitalize on this fantastic free product research tool.
Keepa is a similar free product research tool for Amazon similar to CamelCamelCamel. The only difference you can say is the timeframes you can select to look at a product's history. Unlike CamelCamelCamel's long-term approach, Keepa gives you a more immediate update.
The Keyword Tool does precisely what its name suggests. It's a free Amazon product research tool that lets you test out different keywords in various search engines that you can then filter by country to know which terms you can apply and where.
Knowing what product to sell, knowing the keywords, and the product's price is only the beginning. You also need to be able to calculate an item's profit margin once you factor in fees and charges. FBA Calculator is a free product research tool for Amazon that lets you do just that. All you have to do is install it, and it will take care of the rest right on the product page. So make sure you take advantage of this tool!
By now, you should know that keywords have a historical profile that you can check to find out whether or not it's viable for your current operations. With Google Trends, you will be able to do just that. This free product research tool will help you identify trends and patterns, letting you know what is happening at all times. It will also provide you with the data to know when to plug in different keywords at different times of the year.
Google Keyword Planner
If you've ever thought about doing product or niche research, then the odds are you know what the Google Keyword Planner is capable of. All you need to do is type in the term you are interested in and discover vital information like monthly hits and the level of competition for each. Along with that, the Google Keyword Planner shows you related keywords with the same amount of information to ensure you don't miss anything, plus they offer live support to ensure you stay on the right track.
We've seen many dropshippers waste their time trying to look for products the wrong way. It's a bad habit that you can easily give up if you use the free Amazon product research tool AMZ Base. This free tool will help you find the right products with the right ASINs and descriptions quickly and efficiently, ensuring you save a lot of time.
URL shorteners are fantastic free tools you can use to grow your e-commerce operations. Google Short URL and Bitly are two of the most popular options out there with similar features. So, in the end, you will have to decide which one to use based on which one's interface you like more. However, we suggest you take advantage of both the free tools if possible.
Unicorn Smasher is one of the first free Amazon product research tools we came across, and since then, it has been a favorite of ours. Just remember that you will be bombarded with a lot of color and graphics when you first click on it. But once you get past that, you will find a plethora of different features that you can utilize for Amazon product research. It will tell you everything from revenue estimates, monthly estimates to data analysis and plenty more. So make sure you check it out if you are looking for the best free Amazon product research tool.
The last free Amazon product research tool on our list is certainly not the least. Sellics' Sonar Tool is a versatile free tool that you can use to find the right product to sell on Amazon. This free tool aggregates product data into an accessible database. It comes in handy when researching for products that you can sell. If you haven't honed in on what to sell yet, then the Sonar Tool can work as the perfect starting point to bring you to the narrowly-focus research stage. It will work as an idea generator and help shape which direction to go in.
Work With The Best In Class
So there you go, those are the best free Amazon product research tools you should know about. Take your time to go through each and find which ones help you the most. Knowing what products to sell from Amazon is only the beginning. If you want to make a name for yourself dropshipping, then you will need a killer website. That's where Dropship US can help you. We offer the best in class web solutions to dropshippers all throughout the United States. So if you need highly optimized drop shipping websites geared to generate sales, please contact us!
And with that being said, that's about all we have for you today. Let us know in the comments below which research tools you have been using till now. Also, hit us up on our socials to send in your thoughts and suggestions. We love to hear your feedback. It helps us be better, so do send them in. We will come back soon with something new about the dropship nation for you. So until then, see ya!