As a new business, you need to do many things to ensure a smooth-running operation geared towards sustainable growth. One of the things a new startup needs to do right is finding a catchy name and the perfect name to represent your business. If you start an e-commerce business, then the need for a snappy, memorable brand name becomes even more apparent. A catchy online store name can help the customer remember you and your product.
Now, we here at Dropship US understand that there might be a lot on your plate right now. From finding your target audience, choosing the right products to sell to finding funds to run your business, the things you need to do are endless, and you might not be able to focus on finding the perfect name. So we thought we would lend a hand and make things easier for you. Dropship US is a specialized web services provider that helps aspiring dropshipping entrepreneurs with the best platforms to sell their products.
Our experience in dealing with e-commerce businesses has provided us with valuable insights into finding your company's perfect online store name. So we thought we should lend you a hand and make finding the perfect name a breeze. Now before we talk about the process of finding the perfect online store name, let's talk about a few online business name generators you can use. Here are five online store name generators you can use to find the name for your brand. So let's check them out!
Shopify has a business name generator that lets you find online store names in 10 seconds or less. All you need to do is go to Shopify name generator, type in a keyword, and hit "Generate Names," and you are done. You will see thousands of auto-generated name ideas for your company domain that range from clever to modern, pragmatic to classic. There is a filter through which you can look for names based on niches like clothing, fashion, jewelry, crafts, and flowers. It's a great tool that lets you find a catchy online store name in a matter of seconds.
Oberlo offers a free business name generator that you can use to find hundreds of creative names for your brand. All you need to do is put in the word you like, and you will be flooded with several options; and once you have the name, you can simply register its .com domain. It even has a domain checker that will find if the domain for that name is available or not.
Name Mesh is a brilliant tool that you can use to find the perfect online store name for your dropshipping operation. All you need to do is put in the keyword you want to use in the business name generator, and it will show you relevant domains as per the search you made. Then it will divide the search into different categories to showcase the variety of naming options for your online store. It has types like common, new, short, similar, fun, extra, and SEO filled with thousands of options that may inspire you to find the right name for your brand.
Hipster Business Name
If you are looking for one of the most creative business name generators, then Hipster Business Name is what you are looking for. It offers visitors random cool name ideas that are fun, catchy, and clever. Think about a trendy business in Brooklyn, and you will get some idea about the types of suggestions it makes. You can hit refresh, and you will see new names along with design changes. If you want a cool name for your online store, this is the business name generator you need.
If you are looking for several different names together, then this might be what you are looking for. You can find your regular online store names from the search tab on the home page. However, if you are looking for other names for different things, you can scroll down and use several name generators.
You can use name generators for startup name, creative business, podcast name, and several other name generators. So go to businessnamegenerator.com and put in the keyword in the name generator you like, and discover hundreds of catchy brand names. Once you find the online store name you like, go to GoDaddy and register the domain, and you are done.
So these are some free tools you can use to find the perfect name for your online store. Now that we've told you about the tools you can use let's go through the process and tips. In the following passages, you will find the process you can use to find the right name without exerting yourself too much. So let's begin!
How To Land On The Perfect Online Store Name
The business name generators above are fantastic tools you can use, but they will be ineffective if you don't know what you want. You should already have a vision for what you want to do and what you want to be. Take inspiration from real-life experiences even. Here is a list of brainstorming tips that will help you land on the perfect online store name:
- The first thing you need to do is find out what's already out there in the market today. You will be able to gauge the availability of something while also getting some much-needed naming inspiration.
- One of the first rules of naming a brand is to understand that there are no bad ideas. Thinking outside of the box ensures you choose something unique for your brand. Try out whacky names, weird names, and explore your options.
- Collaboration is a fantastic way to come up with unique and catchy brand names. Sit down with your team or friends and family ask them for help. Talk to everyone and see what naming ideas they come up with. You'll be surprised by what a little brainstorming can come up with.
- When you have an initial list of naming ideas, you should look to organize and list them to review your choices once more. Create the list with word banks or categorizing them based on the theme and check it thoroughly. Often you will find inspiration upon review.
- The last step in the process is to run a focus group test that includes your target audience. Ask the friends and family who didn't help you with the naming about what they like. Also, survey local businesses and people to find which online store name resonated the most with people.
So these are the steps you can use to land on the perfect online store name. However, that's not all there is to it. We also have some tips for you that will help with the naming itself. Let's talk about those next!
Tips For Discovering A Catchy Brand Name
So the right name can be your most valuable asset; however, you can lose plenty of money with the wrong choice. Choosing the right name for your online store is easy but can be tricky, but some guidelines ensure a unique and memorable brand name, so let's check those out:
- Keep the name short, simple, and snappy.
- Try different combinations of short words.
- Make up a new word or twist an existing one.
- Use words that hold special meaning for you.
- Be unique
- Always consider your online presence.
- Discover new inspirations.
- Try to go creative with your domain.
So when you follow these guidelines, you will discover a unique brand name that is catchy and memorable. To make them even more memorable, you can try different things with your domains. Here are some modifiers and TLD options you can check out:
- [YourBrand][Main Product].com
Top-level domain to consider:
- Based on the product you sell
- Continuation of your brand name
Once you follow all these steps, you will be able to land on the perfect online store name for your e-commerce business. When you are done selecting a name for your brand, you can talk to Dropship US for comprehensive web services that will optimize your brand for sustainable growth.
Contact us for dropshipping web-related solutions, and we will help you out by providing you with the perfect dropshipping platform. Let us know in the comments below your ideas for an online store name, or hit us up on our socials when you find some exciting store names. We look forward to your input, and we will come back with something new for you soon. Until then, see ya!