If you're an entrepreneur who wants to start his career in the e-commerce business but doesn't have the resources to establish the supply chain, dropshipping will be perfect for you. It is an excellent way to start a new business because you don't need to worry about inventory or shipping. Just list your product on your website and send an email to your supplier whenever a buying request appears on your website. And your supplier will take care of the rest!
This beginners' guide will explain everything you need to know about dropshipping with AliExpress zero to launch. I'm going to start by answering some questions you may have about this business model. Then you can follow me step-by-step on how to dropship on Shopify with AliExpress in 2021! However, I will not go much into the technical staff. For that, you can just search 'how to set up AliExpress dropshipping.' There are plenty of guidelines over the internet.
I will explain the little tips and tricks that matter in the dropshipping business from my personal learnings to not leave after starting. So, let's begin.
What Is AliExpress Dropshipping?
AliExpress is an immense marketplace with over 100 million items available for sale. It was founded in 2010 and is owned by China-based Alibaba, one of the world's biggest e-commerce firms. In AliExpress, you will find trending goods at a lower price since most of the AliExpress vendors are overseas producers. You can find items ranging from women's clothes and jewelry to electronics and home decor inside AliExpress.
If you want to sell items online, it's a perfect location for sourcing goods. Aliexpress makes it easy to find things to trade in your e-commerce shop. You can connect AliExpress items to your store by using Oberlo in just a few taps. That's how you can begin dropshipping today for free. This is how this business model works –
- Add the items you would like to sell from AliExpress to your shop.
- Set the price with a discount.
- When you receive an order from a customer, pay for the commodity at wholesale prices.
- The supplier of AliExpress delivers the order to your customer directly.
The Most Asked Questions About AliExpress Dropshipping
So, let me begin this guide by answering the most asked questions on this topic. You will get most of your answers here.
1. Can We Start Dropshipping in 2021, or It's Too Late?
Yes, of course….
It's never late to start something new. You will find many success stories over the internet. Many of them began in 2020 during the pandemic sitting at home! However, I need to add something. Don't just open your store and start advertising your products right away.
Putting time and money into your AliExpress dropshipping shop is the best way to beat them in the competition. Make sure it looks legit in your shop! This would raise the likelihood that your dropshipping store will be trusted by customers, increasing your conversion rates.
2. How Long Does the Shipping Take?
AliExpress dropshipping shipping time can differ a lot. It can take anything around 12-60 days! This depends on which country you export to and which type of shipping you choose. If you want to ship to the United States, it will take from 19-39 days.
Trust me, if the product is worth waiting for and expresses it accurately to your client, long shipping periods do not matter too much!
3. Should You Inform Your Supplier Beforehand?
That is another primary concern that pops up a lot. Should you tell your vendors that you want to sell their goods? Would they treat you any different if you tell them?
The answer is "Yes." You should tell your AliExpress provider that you're dropshipping their products. An added bonus of doing this is that you get to establish a bond with a provider. You'll be able to ask questions, settle conflicts, negotiate discounts, and even more with firm contact!
4. Does AliExpress Allow Dropshipping?
Yes, they do. However, remember that AliExpress is simply a website for numerous sellers. So, you would need to ask them if they support dropshipping before you start advertising their products.
Otherwise, when your customer discovers commercials in their packets, it could give you problems later on. You can also ask them to do blind dropshipping when vendors approve dropshipping.
5. What Are the Best Items to Dropship from AliExpress?
Experts say that there are no best items to sell. Whatever you put on your shop can be sold if you target the right customers. Here, I will give you a list of 36 products that can be sold well in 2021 by analyzing Google Trend:
- Fitness Tracker
- Ear Plugs
- Rice Cooker
- Posture Correction Belts
- Waterproof Floating Phone and Tablet Cases
- Moon Lamp
- Mirror Alarm Clock
- Portable Mini Air Conditioner
- Waterproof Shoe Protectors
- Mineral Rich Magnetic Face Mask
- Desktop Punching Bag
- Wireless Charger
- Organic Tea
- Scalp Massager
- Magnetic Charging Cable
- Neck Phone Holder
- Melatonin Tablets
- Beauty Salon Decor Hair Salon
- Water Shower Filter
- Facial Eye Anti Age Silicone Lifting Cupping Cups
- Magnetic Levitation Display Set
- Instrument Repair Tool Kit
- Roller Elliptical Massager
- SYMA X8 Series Quadcopter Drone Helicopter
- Legs for Drones
- De-shedding Pet Gloves
- RC Car
- Electric Flea Comb for Puppies
- Cordless Brushless Impact Wrench
- Digital Infrared Thermometer Gun
- Mini USB Electric Vacuum Cleaner
- Adjustable Nylon Rope Pet Cat Leash
- Multifunctional Plastic Knife Block Stand
You can follow this list as a beginners' guide. However, remember that trending products can soon hit saturation. So, do your own research before adding anything to your shop.
How to Use AliExpress for Dropshipping?
If it seems very complex to you, I will explain the concept really easily to you. Attention!!
First of all, you will create an online shop on your own with Shopify. After that, you will go to aliexpress.com to find items that you want to sell in your shop. It's called product research. If you find a few things you want to sell, you can import them into your shop using a dropshipping app like Oberlo. I suggest getting 5-20 items in your shop.
Next, it's time to make your product page look amazing. Just listing a few products on your website is not going to bring you any money. Your product page is where people can buy the products that you imported from AliExpress. So, don't forget to pay some attention to your dropshipping store's design. You don't want to look like a forum for scams, do you?
So, you have an online shop now and a few AliExpress items. Now it's time to promote your site. You can use anything like Facebook Advertisements or an Instagram Influencer to start promoting. If anyone visits your shop and buys one of your items, you will go to your dropshipping app and put the order.
The dropshipping request will go to AliExpress, add to your cart all the items from that order, fill in your customer's info, and after that, you pay! Now all that's left after product purchases, promotional expenses, and any other costs is yours. That's the 'Profit'! Quite simple, isn't it?
I have learned the hard way. Roaming around the arena for a long time has taught me some crucial considerations. You can find a vast number of articles on how to set up AliExpress dropshipping. However, I can assure you that no one will talk about these essential tips.
- Dropshipping is not a business where you can earn after just 24 or 48 hours. Don't come into this business if you're looking for something like that. Novices need to be careful with their success expectations. People who earn in this arena are operating for quite a long time.
- Research on goods and niches is significant. If you want to survive in the competition, you have to be market-specific. However, you can't find one, follow my tip. First, open a general store where you will keep various niche products. When you get sales of one particular product, make that your niche item.
- You have to pick items with a large profit margin. You will have to handle Facebook ads and Shopify charges. So, small margin products will not give you any benefits.
- Though the whole concept is pretty simple, it needs professionalism and confidence to thrive in this business model.
- I'm sharing this best trick with you to get initial sales. For instance, your specialty is dog toys, so you look for dog-related Instagram accounts and check each post's engagement. If it has 1000+ likes on each post, then get an account shout-out. You have a 95% chance of getting sales and profits as it's concentrated traffic.
While working on your own site, you will learn many tricks like these yourself. So, don't be afraid to explore just by looking at the competition. Remember, you always have a chance until you are not scared.
No inventory is required. No shipping expenses. Minimal equity. What else could you have hoped for?
It doesn't matter if you're living in an apartment with 1 bedroom and don't have room for your stocks. Hell, it doesn't really matter if your mother's basement is where you live. All you need to do is cough up $20 or so for your Shopify account and your domain name, and you can set up your dropshipping business.
Dropshipping has been embraced by many online retailers as their primary form of order fulfillment. This suggests that dropshipping is a model that is tried and tested and one that is undoubtedly lucrative. Time to quit being a salaried worker and start developing a business that you can call your own. What do you think?